Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2014 Disney World Marathon Recap: Expo

 


I know it has taken me while to post these recaps of the 2014 Disney World Marathon Weekend but, I have been busy with moving to Florida for a new chapter in my life. So without further delay, my recaps of the Inaugural Dopey Challenge….

Unlike last year my family and I decided to turn the race weekend into a whole week since I was participating in the Dopey Challenge for 4 days, this gave me a full day to explore and enjoy myself at the expo.

Wednesday, January 8, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Thursday, January 9, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday, January 10, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday, January 11, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Arriving at the expo I wanting to get my packet and race bib first so I when I actually made it to the Expo building I would be free to goof around and visit every booth. I arrive around 2 on Wednesday, I must say it felt like the perfect time to go. We went straight to the HP field house where Picket pick up was a breeze, I was able to my pre order Dopey pin with no problems and I was off to play around. Leaving the Field house we made a hard right to the Champion baseball field where the had some of the expo booths set up. This where you could find Packet pick up for the kids races, Dooney and Bourke Rundisney items, Registration for the limited edition New Balance rundisney collection, many other  vendor booths, but the one thing that caught my eye and was probably the only thing I really had to wait for the weekend (besides the Character Picture) was this....

Yes a Caricature!!! Disney had two Artist drawing Pictures for anyone who wanted one...Two Thumbs up Disney!!!After I received my awesome picture off to the main event...The Jostens Center for the Health and Fitness Expo.


The Expo was set up very similar to last year except the stage for the Expo Speakers was set up next to the ESPN restaurant up stairs. Before you could make your way to the back to pick up shirts, you had to past by Huge New Balance Booth.

Just like last year New Balance released limited edition rundisney shoes, but this year they turned it up a notch with 4 new shoes designs: Goofy , Cinderella, Sorcerer Mickey
and  Pink Minnie, which the Mickey and Minnie are both available in  Adult and Kid Sizes.


After the New Balance booth off to the back to complete my collection of shirts...

The shirts are great this year, I actually like them so much that I wore a different one every day I was down there. So, Race Bib....Check!, Race T-Shits.... Check! Rundisney shopping...Check! So, What's next.... Time to play around....

 




 

 

This year I decided to do something a little different and make of video of every race and....drum roll please...the expo as well!!! Check out the video below and think me what you think. Also stay tune for the rest of recap to this awesome weekend.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment