Friday, April 11, 2014

2014 Dopey Challenge Day 2: Inaugural 10K Race Recap


If you haven't check out the previous 2 days you can click on the links here: Expo RecapFamily Fun Run 5k Recap

If you didn't check out my previous post you check it out here. After yesterday's tardiness, I decided to set my alarm an hour earlier to avoid some of the same mistakes. At 4 am with the sound of this weekends personal race song Eye to Eye from Disney's the Goofy Movie. I was up dressed, ate my pre-race meal and out the door with my mother.

This time it was so much smoother than the day before, we knew where to go and it seemed much easier since she was just dropping me off. Even thou there were a lot of people I was actually expecting a much bigger crowed with this being the Inaugural 10k and the first Minnie Medal.


At the beginning of the race it was fairly chilly for Florida and overcast that was suppose to last for the whole race, but just like in rundisney fashion that did keep anyone down. The start have music blasting and group of runners going the cupid shuffle. If there is better way to start a race, I sure haven't found it yet! As the time came closer to the start all of the runners slowly moved to there corrals and who came out? That's right you guest it Minnie Mouse came to the stage to count us down and send us off on the Inaugural Walt Disney World 10k.


 About a mile into the race and a hairpin turn there was the first character stop Caption Hook and Mr. Smee.

I was on the look out for Andy
 Going into the entrance of Ecpot there was the rundisney signature Green Army Man from toy story yelling words of encouragement to all the runners.

Mushu

Genie

Goofy
Football Goofy was in front of the ESPN Restaurant on the boardwalk and it was the longest line of the race. I have never seen Goofy in a Football outfit so I was more than willing to wait for what may be my favorite picture from the weekend.

Chip and Dale


The giant puppets were the last characters as we exited Epcot and with less the a quarter of a mile there was the finish and my second medal of the weekend. 9.6 miles and two races down, only 2 races and......39.3 miles to go until I get an EPIC load of Rundisney BLING!!!


Check out my full race recap video below 


No comments:

Post a Comment